We implement our mission of Learning with Character through our unique LCA+ curriculum.
LCA+ is a challenging, broad and engaging curriculum consisting of seven academic and subject strands and seven strands of personal and social education and development.
The strands prepare and equip all pupils with the knowledge, curiosity and personal traits for success in the next phase of their education and life regardless of their background or any disadvantage.
The primary purpose of the curriculum is to develop to the maximum extent the academic and personal potential of each pupil. Specifically, the LCA+ curriculum aims to create:
- learners who know more and remember more than the national curriculum and the examination and testing content and specification require;
- engaged learners who are developing better moral, physical, spiritual, emotional and social habits and dispositions;
- fluent and confident writers and readers;
- purposeful learners able to use numeracy and critical thinking skills to ask questions and solve problems;
- passionate learners who know how they learn and who love to learn.
We challenge and support all pupils to engage in a demanding study in core subjects and subject disciplines - LCA. We insist on a place for the arts, design technology and a foreign language within that programme of study.
- Technology, Enterprise and Sport
- Expressive Arts
We also deliver a graduated programme of character education referred to in the College as LC+. The seven strands of this holistic curriculum ensure pupils develop their character and resilience, giving them the confidence and skills to succeed at university and in the world of work.
- Games and Competitions
- Artistic Expression
- Spiritual Formation
- Careers and STEM
- Charity and Service
- Leadership Education
In order to help pupils, staff and parents, think about the curriculum and how it applies to them, we have created a “tube map” of the curriculum.
If you would like to find out more about our curriculum please look at the individual curriculum pages for Pre Prep (Reception, Year 1-2), Prep (Year 3-6), Senior (Year 7-11) and Sixth Form (Year 12-13); our Curriculum Policy
or contact the school with your query using the Contact Us page.