Merseyside and Cheshire Engineering Leaders' Awards.
We have had the results from the Merseyside and Cheshire Engineering Leaders' Awards. Pupils needed to think of a real-world problem and design a solution to the problem, including writing a persuasive pitch letter to accompany the entry. I am delighted to announce we have 14 category winners, with winners ranging from Year 3 to Year 10. We also had 10 highly commended entries. This is an extraordinary success. All winners have been invited to attend a special award ceremony, where they will be presented with certificate and trophies. Their work, along with all short- listed entries, will be showcased in a gallery at Edge Hill University on 13 June. Congratulations to all.
The Highly Commended Entries:
- YR3 Rose M. "Bedomatic"
- YR5 Edward M.L "Firefighter Bot"
- YR5 Emilea M. "Linking Worry Caps"
- YR6 Orla R.D. "The Plant Pal"
- YR6 Alexa C. "Emotion Accessories"
- YR7 Amelie E.B "Parent Help"
- YR8 Kyrah W. "Smart Fridge"
- YR8 Thomas B.M. "Fertilisation Cannons"
- YR10 Cate O'H. "Fishing Nets That Don't Trap Turtles"
- YR10 Solomon E.D.W "Neographr"
The Winning Entries:
- YR3 Oscar M. "Safe Swinger"
- YR3 Salma O'N. "Medicine Manager"
- YR4 Emmie T. "The Water Well"
- YR4 Evie M.A. "The Robot Lollipop"
- YR5 Julie VD.H.G "LAYT (Look After Your Teeth)"
- YR5 Kara M. "Arthurglove"
- YR6 Leonardo D.T. "Anti Waste Fridge"
- YR6 Daisy G.S. "Train Accessories"
- YR7 Emily B. "Portable Walker"
- YR7 Alisha S. "Music Beat Band"
- YR8 Tom W. "Planet Pak"
- YR8 Sienna M.O'K. "Fresh Film"
- YR10 Lily N. "CALM (Computer aided listening machine)"
- YR10 Ella D "Locaider"