Liverpool College provides a transformational education to all its pupils.
We believe in the importance of competitive sports, the arts, leadership and careers education, and participation in cultural events for every pupil at every stage of their education. Providing pupils with the opportunities for a truly holistic education is expensive and the funding we receive from government, the same funding which any other state school receives, does not by itself allow us to deliver the academic and extra-curricular programme we want to deliver for every pupil.
We rely on the generosity of friends of the College, Old Lerpoolians, parents, grandparents, philanthropists, educational reformers, staff, benefactors, foundations and the public at large to support our commitment to deliver an exceptional education and to remain true to the ambitious mission of our school.
Recently the College Fund has contributed to:
- the development and delivery of an activities programme across all phases of the school;
- assistance with transport costs for children to attend external fixtures and events;
- aiding the development of the Combined Cadet Force (CCF) and Duke of Edinburgh (DoE) programmes in the senior school;
- expansion of the house system and inter house competitions and events;
- rewarding pupils at the annual prize-giving ceremony in the Cathedral as well as other year end events celebrating pupil achievements;
- subsidising the provision of drama and music opportunities with the delivery of school shows and concerts.
It is also funding the cost of our lollipop man, Mr John Goudie.
Further Information about the Fund
Please click here to find out more about The College Fund and how you can support our College. Or, if you would like to make a voluntary donation on a regular basis you can download the standing order form here.
Let us Support You
The College is itself a Charity but we also strive to support our community and the wider world by serving as volunteers and supporting other charities. We often galvanise our College community in the support of good and worthy causes. We raise money for designated charities and our older pupils are eager to serve as volunteers both in specific projects and in on-going capacities.