The Primary Sports Premium
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding’. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Head Teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they willhave the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
• Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teacherswhen teaching PE
• New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
• Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
• Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
• Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
• Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
• Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
Impact of Funding and Development Plan
To view the Primary Sports Premium Expenditure and Impact 2017-18 click here
To view the Primary Sports Premium Development and Expenditure Plan 2018-19 click here