Extended Project Qualification
The EPQ allows students to explore their academic interest further, whilst at the same time developing character traits and transferable skills that are useful in every aspect of future life. It is a core part of our Sixth Form experience and one that all students complete.
- It allows you to explore a topic you are genuinely interested in - either beyond the scope of your A-Levels, or something else entirely.
- It can demonstrate to Universities that you’re enthusiastic about the subject you’re applying to study especially Medicine, Engineering.
- Universities value the EPQ, and many make lower offers based upon completion of it.
- The EPQ is worth half an A-Level in terms of UCAS points - more than an AS qualification.
Examples of titles that our students submitted in 2022 included:
- How has the evolution of feminism has changed fashion over the past century?
- How can we encourage people to become organ donors?
- What is High Functioning Anxiety, and are competitive environments the cause of its occurrence among students?
- Exploring the link between ageing physically and the attributes used to decelerate it.
- What evidence is there to support the theory of black holes?
- Can CRISPR Gene Editing Technology Cure Cancer?
- Was Anne Boleyn the First Feminist?
- Who has made the most significant contribution to the genre of Avant Garde music?