LCA+ Curriculum Intent
The LCA+ curriculum aims to create:
- learners who know more and remember more than the national curriculum and the examination and testing content and specification require;
- engaged learners who are developing better moral, physical, spiritual, emotional and social habits and dispositions;
- fluent and confident writers and readers;
- purposeful learners able to use numeracy and critical thinking skills to ask questions and solve problems;
- passionate learners who know how they learn and who love to learn.
LCA Curriculum overview - 2023-24 Academic year
Chapter Learning Journeys
Click on the links below to read the half term learning journeys for each Chapter (year group).
|Year Group||Michaelmas Term 2023|
Click on the links below to access information about the curriculum in each subject.
|LCA Strand||Curriculum Implementation Summary||'Subject on a Page'|
|English||English||English, Phonics and Reading|
|Technology, Enterprise & Sport||Computing||Computing|
Phonics and Reading Scheme
We use a system called Read Write Inc to develop pupils' phonological skills.
We use the Read Write Inc. Phonics Book Bag Books, supplemented by many well-known reading resources to develop reading skills.
LC+ Curriculum Overview - 2023-24 Academic year
Click on the links below to read the LC+ curriculum overview for each Chapter.