LCA+ Curriculum Intent
The LCA+ curriculum aims to create:
- learners who know more and remember more than the national curriculum and the examination and testing content and specification require;
- engaged learners who are developing better moral, physical, spiritual, emotional and social habits and dispositions;
- fluent and confident writers and readers;
- purposeful learners able to use numeracy and critical thinking skills to ask questions and solve problems;
- passionate learners who know how they learn and who love to learn.
LCA CURRICULUM OVERVIEW - 2023-24 ACADEMIC YEAR
Click on the links below to access information about the curriculum in each subject.
Key Stage 3 refers to the curriculum in Chapters (years) 7-9 and Key Stage 4 to the curriculum in Chapters 10-11. For information about the curriculum in Key Stage 5 in the Sixth Form (Chapters 12-13) please click here.
|LCA Strand||Subject||Secondary 'Subject
on a Page'
|Curriculum Implementation Summary|
|English||English||English||Key Stage 3|
|English Language||Key Stage 4|
|English Literature||Key Stage 4|
|Expressive Arts||Art||Key Stage 3||Key Stage 4|
|Drama||Drama||Key Stage 3||Key Stage 4|
|Music||Music||Key Stage 3||Key Stage 4|
|Humanities||Geography||Key Stage 3|
|History||History||Key Stage 3||Key Stage 4|
|RS||Key Stage 3||Key Stage 4|
|Languages||Latin & Classics||Key Stage 3|
|Spanish||Key Stage 3||Key Stage 4|
|Maths||Maths||Maths||Key Stage 3|
|Key Stage 3|
|Biology||Biology||Key Stage 4|
|Chemistry||Chemistry||Key Stage 4|
|Physics||Physics||Key Stage 4|
|Key Stage 3|
|Computer Science||Key Stage 4|
|DT||DT||Key Stage 3||Key Stage 4|
|PE||PE||Key Stage 3||Key Stage 4|
Year 9 Key stage 4 options
Please click here to download the 2023-24 KS4 Options Booklet for Chapter 9 pupils
Key Stage 4 Courses
Click here to download Key Stage 4 Courses 2023-24.
LC+ CURRICULUM OVERVIEW - 2023-24 ACADEMIC YEAR
Click on the links below to read the LC+ curriculum overview for each Chapter.